RIDE is pleased to share the official release of the 2023 RI Early Learning and Development Standards (RIELDS). Beginning in Fall 2021, RIDE engaged early childhood stakeholders in a process to review the 2013 RIELDS. Feedback was gathered and RIDE made necessary revisions in an effort to continue to align with the latest research on child development and learning, strengthen developmentally appropriate practices for learning, and support standards-aligned curriculum, instruction, and assessment. The 2023 RIELDS received endorsement from the Council on Elementary and Secondary Education on January 24, 2023.
RIDE is hosing 4 informational “RIELDS Update” sessions that will walk participants through the changes made to the new 2023 RIELDS and its implications. This session is intended for early childhood educators who have taken the Foundations for RIELDS (2013 – 2020) or the Guiding Principles and 9-Domains Courses (2020 -2023). For those that have RIELS I – III certificates, updated guidance on PD requirements will be available in the coming months (you are welcome to attend a session, but it may not be for you).
Register for a RIELDS Update Session on the Center for Early Learning Professionals website: https://center-elp.org/stm_lms_course_category/rields-pd/
- In Person sessions will be held at the Center for Early Learning Professionals (535 Centerville Rd. Suite 201, Warwick)
- Tuesday 5/23 @ 4:00 – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday 6/7 @ 5:30 – 7:00 PM
- Virtual sessions will be held on Zoom. Meeting links will be sent out to email on file closer to the event date.
- Thursday 5/18 @ 4:00 – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday 6/13 @ 1:00 – 2:30 PM