RIDE Pre-K PD
For the 2022-23 school year, the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) has identified the following goals for RI Pre-K programs:
- Achieve and maintain CECE approval
- Increase student outcomes, as demonstrated by child assessment data
- Strengthen high-quality instructional practices for all students, as they align to the RIELDS, RIDE-approved curricula, and systems of assessment
- Support children’s social-emotional development and strengthen Conscious Discipline® implementation
- Refine reflective supervision and develop sustainable leadership practices
Professional development for the RI Pre-K community is designed to support these goals. Monthly study groups will bring participants together to review the instructional cycle and reflect on child assessment practices. The Center is also pleased to continue our work with Conscious Discipline® Certified and Master Instructors and Coaches to provide professional development during the upcoming school year.
In addition, RI Pre-K staff may participate in other professional development and enhancement opportunities throughout the 2022-23 school year. Our schedule includes:
- Education Coordinators Group
- New Education Coordinators Group
- Supporting Children’s Social-Emotional Needs during the First Six Weeks of School
- RISE Project, Cohort 1 (offered through Bradley Hospital)
- Book Study: Connections Over Compliance: Rewiring Our Perceptions of Discipline
- Four statewide professional development days (October, January, March, and May)
For more information, please talk with your TA specialist.