This series provides an overview of the physical, social and emotional, cognitive, and language development of children from birth to age 3. The sessions emphasize the critical role that attachment and responsive relationships play in healthy development across these interrelated domains. This series is appropriate for new or experienced teaching staff with little or no formal training in this topic.
Participants who complete the series will:
- recognize milestones of typical development and how those milestones contribute to learning
- understand the critical connection of relationships and attachment to healthy development
- value and accommodate children’s unique developmental levels, temperaments, interests, and individual needs
- recognize the impact of environmental influences and risk factors on children’s development
- understand the importance of partnering with families to support children’s development and learning
Participants can earn up to 10.5 PD hours by attending three facilitated online sessions and completing three online assignments.
WKC Domain: Development and Learning
Level 1/2: Knowledge Building/Beginning Application
|Saturdays, May 22nd, and June 5th, 19th||9:30am-11:30am||Center for Early Learning Professionals, Warwick||Registration Closed|