APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JUNE 30, 2021
Information and applications available at www.ccri.edu/hmns
RIECETP 12 College Credit Program
If you are an Early Childhood Educator working with children ages birth through 5 in a DHS licensed/CCAP program or family childcare setting, you may qualify to receive 12 college credits in Early Childhood Education for free with use of textbooks.
Courses will be offered in the following sequence:
- HMNS-2100 Child Growth and Development Skills — Fall Semester, 2021
- HMNS-2120 Curriculum for Young Children — Spring Semester, 2022
- HMNS-2150 Parent and Child Relations — Summer 1 Semester, 2022
- HMNS-2140 Guiding Children’s Behavior — Fall Semester, 2022
RIECETP CDA Training
The Child Development Associate (CDA) is a nationally recognized early childhood credential designed to assess early childhood educator’s knowledge, skills and abilities using multiple sources of evidence such as an exam, observation and professional portfolio. The purpose of this credential is to ensure that early childhood educators are providing high quality care and meeting the developmental, emotional and educational needs of children.
Credencial de Asociado en Desarrollo Infantil (CDA) es una credencial de infancia temprana reconocida a nivel nacional diseñada para evaluar el conocimiento y las habilidades de los educadores de la primera infancia utilizando múltiples fuentes de evidencia, como un examen, observación y carpeta profesional. El propósito de esta credencial es garantizar que los educadores de la primera infancia brinden atención de alta calidad y satisfagan las necesidades de desarrollo, emocionales y educativas de los niños.
The 14-week Cohort model will meet weekly to assist participants to:
- Receive instruction to gain an understanding of the 6 CDA Competency Standards.
- Technology training and use of textbooks will be provided.
- Receive guidance in preparing the Professional Portfolio and developing a Philosophy Statement.
- Develop Community Supports.
- Link students to the RI-T.E.A.C.H. coordinator for scholarship funds and exam registration assistance.
- Can earn up to 42 hours of RI State Approved Professional Development Hours.
- Receive guidance in completing the CDA online application process and pre-exam requirements.
Lori Ryan, CCRI
RIECETP Program Director
All RIECETP services are funded through the RI DHS Office of Child Care