The Center for Early Learning Professionals is offering facilitated online Family Child Care Community of Practice (FCC CoP) meetings for all licensed FCCs. Meetings will be held offered separately in English and Spanish.
All Rhode Island Licensed Family Child Care Educators:
- who share common concerns or “dilemmas” related to their practice
- who share a passion for the care and education of young children
- who want to learn more about early childhood education methods and resources
- who want to share their knowledge and learn from and with each other
The FCC CoP is a monthly opportunity for family childcare educators to meet, problem-solve and reflect on their teaching and business practices in a structured, facilitated online setting. All are invited to identify and discuss common challenges related to DHS licensing and QRIS domains. The CoP will be facilitated to support collaborative problem-solving and to illuminate the social connections and professional camaraderie among Family Child Care Providers.
Once a month from 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Thursdays, May 27th, June 10th, July 1st, August 12th, and September 30 (English)
Mondays, May 3, June 7, July 5, August 2, and September 6, 2021 (Spanish)
Online! Come as you are… invite a colleague or two! You will receive an email with the link to attend after you register.
The Center’s Technical Assistance (TA) team provides support with an evolving focus and content that is based on the needs and interests of Family Child Care Providers. Topics include:
- Supporting effective business practices during COVID-19
- Creating / enhancing learning environments
- Using the RI Workforce, Knowledge and Competencies (WKCs) to create or revise Individual Professional Development Plans (IPDPs)
- Identifying resources to support continuous quality improvement …And more!