Welcome to the Re-opening Child Care In Rhode Island: Health and Safety Guidance during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
This webinar was created by the Center for Early Learning Professionals using resources and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Rhode Island Department of Health, and the Rhode Island Department of Human Services.
To complete the requirement of viewing this webinar you will need to complete three tasks. In Task 1 you will watch the Center’s webinar. In Task 2 you will review the handouts and resources. In Task 3 you will complete a survey.
To open and view the PDF posted on this page, be sure to install the free Adobe Reader.
Task 1: Watch the Center’s Webinar
- Watch the Center’s webinar (recording)*
*DISCLAIMER: Information included in this webinar is based on the most recent guidance provided by the CDC. Please be aware that under the new regulations providers are required to “adhere to the Center of Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing.” Other CDC guidelines such as meal and nap time or family and child staff attestation, are meant to provide you with options for your program. Providers have the flexibility to develop their own systems related to these guidelines. Please contact your licensor or the CELP with any questions specific to your program.
Task 2: Review Center Handouts and Resources
- Download and view Re-opening Child Care: Health and Safety Handout (PDF)
- Download and view Routine Schedule for Cleaning by Caring for Our Children (PDF)
- Download and view Hand Hygiene by Caring for Our Children (PDF)
- Download and view EPA-Registered Products (PDF)
- Download and view Diapering – Handwashing Procedures by ERSI (PDF)
- Download and view Re-opening Resources Page (PDF)
- CDC Guidance for Child Care Centers (website)
- DHS Guidance (website)
Task 3: Complete the Online Survey
Once you have watched the webinar and reviewed the handouts and resources, you must complete and submit the online survey to receive a certificate of completion verifying your 2 PD hours.
To obtain a certificate of completion, you must:
- Have an active online account with the Center for Early Learning Professionals. If you do not have an account, please sign up here.
- Complete and submit the online survey on Re-opening Child Care: Health and Safety Guidance.
- Once we receive your completed survey, your certificate will be available for download (within seven to 10 days) from the “My Course History” section of your account in the Center’s data system.