The DHS Licensing Orientation for Family Child Care Home Providers is the first step for anyone interested in becoming a Licensed Family Child Care Home Provider (FCC). The goal of the this page is to outline the steps required to become a licensed FCC provider and to provide resources for those interested in becoming a licensed FCC provider.
This page has three Tasks you need to complete to begin the process of becoming a licensed FCC provider. Task 1 is to create an account with the Center. Task 2 is to register for and complete the DHS Orientation Webinar. Task 3 is to Review the handouts and resources.
To open and view the PDFs posted on this page, be sure to install the free Adobe Reader.
Task 1: Create a Center Account
The first step in the process of becoming a licensed FCC, is to create an account with the Center for Early Learning Professionals so that you can take the required DHS Orientation Webinar and additional required trainings. Keep in mind the following when creating your account:
- Fill out all the fields and write your name as it appears on your state ID or driver’s license
- When asked to select your “Program,” choose “Orientation for Pre-Licensed Participants“
- When asked “Are you a program director or site leader?” select “No“
- Write down your username and password in a safe place so that you can get back into your account in the future
- Click here to create your account with the Center
Task 2: Take the DHS Licensing Orientation Webinar
Once you have created an account, you are ready to register for and take the DHS Licensing Orientation for Family Child Care Home Providers webinar.
After viewing the webinar. you can return to this page to find the necessary handouts and resources.
Task 3: Review Handouts and Resources
- Download and save the pre-requisites for becoming a licensed FCC provider (PDF)
- View the Family Child Care Universal Application (DHS website)
- Download and save the Fingerprint Affidavit (PDF)
- Download and save the Landlord Permission Slip (PDF)
- View DHS Regulations (Secretary of State website)