Rhode Island educators are invited to a day-long summit on November 22 that will explore young children’s transition to kindergarten. Register to learn about national transition trends, hear from RI communities currently participating in transition work, and build upon your current transition practices with a transition toolkit designed to improve upon the transition experiences of all RI children.
The Rhode Island Transition Summit: Effective Transitions to Enhance School Readiness will take place on Friday, November 22, 2019, from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Warwick. Lunch will not be provided.
The summit objectives include:
- Learn why the transition to kindergarten is important
- Explore transition strategies that support child success
- Learn about the transition plans that Rhode Island communities are implementing
- Examine a toolkit of transition resources
- Discuss the implications for your community
All are welcome, but participants are encouraged to come in teams that include administrators and teachers from both elementary schools and community-based preschools. The summit is sponsored by the Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) and organized by the Center for Early Learning Professionals. A team of transition coaches will lead and facilitate the day’s activities.