Through the Center for Early Learning Professionals, the state of Rhode Island has awarded more than $25,000 in Early Education Technology Grants to 28 early childhood providers, including 11 family child care providers and 17 center-based programs.
The grants will help the providers purchase a computer and associated technology that will allow them to access and fully participate in the state’s new Early Care and Education Data System (ECEDS) and the Department of Human Services’ new eligibility system. Each individual grant award was up to $1,000.
The new computer and associated technology will allow providers and programs to:
- Store and share staff file information
- Complete DCYF renewal applications
- Apply for a BrightStars rating
- Apply for Comprehensive Early Childhood Education (CECE) Approval
- Invoice the child care assistance program