Rhode Island is working hard to ensure that all of its children receive the best early education possible and that their early learning experiences result in positive social and academic outcomes. To accomplish this mission, the state has established a number of supports to help early care and education programs embrace a culture of continuous program improvement.
These Tip Sheets are designed to guide early learning professionals in better understanding critical aspects of program improvement and professional development. The Tip Sheets also list additional resources you can use to extend your learning.
New Tip Sheets will be added as they are developed. Check back regularly to learn more!
If you have difficulty downloading and opening the Tip Sheets, be sure to install the free Adobe Reader.
- Child Assessment (PDF)
- Family Communication, Involvement, and Engagement (PDF)
- Continuous Quality Improvement and the Quality Improvement Plan (PDF)
- Inclusive Practices (PDF)
- Group Size/Determining Licensed Capacity (PDF)
- Health and Safety in Facilities (PDF)
- Curriculum (PDF)
- Developing a Program-Level Curriculum Framework (PDF)
- Systems of Staff Support (PDF)